This recipe also works for tofu. Just substitute extra-firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes, for chicken.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp powdered dill
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Chop chicken into 1 inch cubes, being careful to remove any fat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl, and pour in olive oil.
- Toss chicken in oil until completely coated
- Mix spices and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl
- Add chicken pieces, and toss in mixture until coated with crumbs.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, about 4-5 pieces to a skewer
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until meat is white throughout