- 6 lbs Brandywine tomatoes (other Beefsteak tomatoes work as well).
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup fresh chives (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 tbs. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbs. celery salt
- 1/2 corn starch
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, being sure to remove the stems and cores.
- Dice onions
- Mix salt, tomatoes, onions, and fresh herbs together in a large pot.
- Cook on medium, stirring continually until the liquid from the cooking vegetables begins to cover the vegetables themselves.
- Add pepper, celery salt and corn starch, and stir until completely mixed.
- Turn off, and cover, but allow to simmer. Stir periodically for another 10 minutes.