- 2 cups self-rising or all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Mix dry pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, stirring until completely mixed.
- Heat a pan stovetop on high.
- Melt 1 -2 tsp butter in the pan, pushing it around with the spatula until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of pancake mix.
- Cook until steam begins to pour from underneath the pancake and bubbles form on the uncooked side.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Mix clove glaze ingredients, and drizzle over warm pancakes.
- Serve hot.