This recipe makes one tart. Just scale it up proportionally to make more.
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh, or frozen and thawed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix crust ingredients in a large bowl. Knead until completely mixed. The dough should feel stretchy to the touch.
- Divide dough into two portions.
- Spread one portion over the bottom of a 9″ pie pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Mix the filling ingredients in a bowl, using a wooden spoon to crush some of the raspberries gently.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Stretch out the other half of the dough and lay it over the berries.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until you see raspberry syrup bubbling up around the edges of the top crust.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, and serve warm.