- 2 cups fresh masa
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl. The dough should be soft without being crumbly. Add more water by the tablespoon if the mixture is too dry.
- Heat a griddle. This should be a flat surface, which is not oiled.
- Flatten a fist-sized ball of dough into a circle. It should be about 1/4 inch thick and 6 inches across.
- Place the dough on the griddle.
- When steam begins to emerge steadily from beneath the tortilla, flip it with a spatula.
- Repeat for the second side.
- Serve warm.