For those who are curious, やきそば is literally Japanese for “fried noodles”
- 1 lb noodles, cooked
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs canola oil or other cooking oil
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cups either sliced mushrooms, bamboo shoots, or chopped celery, sauteed lightly in basil oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, spices (including garlic and scallions), and canola oil.
- Toss noodles and vegetables in oil mixture until fully coated.
- Heat a large frying pan on the stove.
- Heat noodles, stirring continuously, until vegetables are softened, and noodles begin to show slight crispiness.
- Serve hot